Last month we talked about the 10 essentials that every business website should have.
No.1 on this list was contact details – its probably the most important element to any website.
You should give your website visitors the option of interacting with you in as many ways as possible: Telephone, email address, physical address, contact form, forum, Twittter, Facebook.
Today we had a great tip from Phil Evans who runs Fractal Design. Its all about how to add a Skype button to your website, so that people can contact you by Skype.
1. Go to this page on Skype: http://www.skype.com/intl/en/share/buttons/
It looks like this:
2. Enter Your Skype Name
3. Choose a Style of button (and here are the choices):
3. Press ‘Preview your Button’
4. Copy the HTML that is generated in the box beside the ‘Preview’ button
5. Go to your WebEden control panel and place the WebEden HTML Snippet in the place on the page that you would like your Skype button to appear.
The HTML snippet can be found by going:
File Manager –> Library –> HTML Snippet
This is what it looks like:
6. Paste the code from Skype into the Snippet, and press ‘save’.
Hey presto! A Skype button on your Website! People can now contact you via Skype.
Many thanks to Phil for this tip.
Any comments about this tip, or if you have any of your own, please leave them below