These features are only available on our Standard Package or greater. It can be used to:
- Create other admins on your site giving them editing rights.
- Adjust page permissions and create password protected pages.
- Send emails to other members or groups.
Adding a member
- Click the People button on the tool bar.
- On the Members tab, click Create new member.
- Fill in the members details.
- Username: Create a username for the member to use when logging in
- Email: Use the members contact email address.
- Password: Enter a secure password for the member
- Choose whether the member opts in/out for emails sent by you through the site
- Use the Site Admin check box to give the member admin rights.
- The new member will show in the member list. NOTE: You will need to manually email the new user their login credentials – currently this is not sent to them automatically.
Editing your members
- Select the member in the list, under the ‘Members’ tab.
- From here you can:
- Enable or disable admin rights
- Send a reset password link
- Edit the members email address
- Delete the member using the trash can icon next to their username
- Send an individual email using the envelope icon
- Click on the ‘Page Permissions’ tab
- Select a page in the list, and choose who can view it using the dropdown menu on the right.
- If you choose ‘Group’, you will be asked to select one of your groups from a dropdown menu.
NOTE: When you change a page to be visible to a group/members/admins only, the page content will no longer be displayed to the public. Instead a ‘login’ button will appear on your site menu, so anyone with viewing rights can log in to view the page.
Sending messages to your members
Use this feature to send emails to specific members, groups, or all members of your website.
- Click the ‘Send a message’ tab
- Choose who to send the email to from the dropdown menu.
- Add a subject – this will become the email subject.
- Create your email (this will display in plain text – you cannot currently format your text or add images to your emails).
- Click ‘send’ to send your email to the member(s).
Downloading your members list
- From the ‘Members’ tab, click ‘Download member list’, underneath your list of members.
- You will then be prompted to save the list as a CSV file, which you can then open through software such as Excel.
Can I create a password protected page?
If you want anyone to be able to access the page if they have a specific password, just create one ‘member’ using the instructions above and give the login details to all your contacts.
If I migrate from V5, will my members migrate too?
Your members list and any groups set up will migrate, however any admin rights will be removed after you migrate. You can set up the admin rights again from the ‘Members’ tab.