The World Cup may be over but there is a palpable sense of excitement in the WebEden office. Why is that, you may ask? Because this week we’re going to wow y’all with a new release of our website builder…
Giving you the Flex(ibility)
Our new release is all about Flex, aka ‘Flash Application Frameword’. This is background coding stuff that means that future developments (of which we have lots planned) will be much easier and quicker to roll out to you.
Right now, this means that the new version will give you:
• Scrolling Sidebar Panels (woo-hooo. Ahem.)
• Customised Toolbar Shortcuts
• Updated Services area for Google Analytics, Webmaster tools and Adsense
We’ve also got a few other changes, including:
• An eye dropper which lets you copy a colour you’re already using on the page
• Line spacing control, which lets you vary the line spacing on a paragraph by paragraph basis.
• Page load times have been cut thanks to image auto-resizing and asynchronous calls to Facebook
For the new control panel you’re going to make sure you have the latest stable version of the Flash Player – 10.1. You can get it here. Don’t worry, your visitors won’t have to upgrade – all they need is version 8.
With Flex, we’re shortly going to release these exiting new features
Blog: A long time in the coming, but our new blog tool will let you add blog articles, give them tags, accept & reject comments. Believe me, this will be a cool tool.
Ecommerce: I know, we’ve mentioned it before, but ecommerce for WebEden really is coming. We’ve got a product catalogue that will allow you to add thousands of products. It’ll be really powerful – but very easy to use
HTML: We’re working hard to improve our HTML rendering for mobile, particularly those handsets that don’t currently support Flash. This is a medium term project due in the next few months
That’s all for now – but watch this space
As soon as the new control panel is release you will be the first to know. Stay in touch with us here on the blog, on Twitter (twitter.com/webeden) and Facebook (facebook.com/webeden).